Saturday, May 3, 2014

Everday in the Month of May, days 1, 2, and 3.

 So, I have managed to get photos for the first 3 days of May so far. I have even managed to do                                                    something arty for those same 3 days! Yea, me. haha!
                            The photo I took on May 1 is of some reeds at the edge of the lake ...


The photo for May 2 is of a leaf floating on the water. Last night we got home from town just in time for me to go out and find something before it got too dark. We had high hopes that the lake would be ice free when we got home, but it was not the case. The ice is shrinking every day and in the bay here its only a sheet floating in the middle area, but out in the open water, the ice still appears much thicker. 


The photo for today, May 3, is one of this poor little hummer sitting on my deck railing in our freak snowstorm we woke up to. My first sighting of the little birds arriving was actually May 1... I suspect he is thinking he came too early. :) 


Incidentally, I also made a collage postcard on the 1st, started working on a spring themed 4x4 artist tile on the 2nd, (will finish that tomorrow) and did my first 2 page spread on my altered book (new project) today. I will be posting those things next time.. along with whatever else I manage to do in the meantime. I hope your having a great weekend! 



2 comments:

  1. Shannon, your photos are fantastic. I love, love, love the first one best. Does it really snow where you live in May. Yikes! if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boo. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, sadly it is snowing here right now even.. A few days ago, we had such great warm spring weather.. Today.. Nope. Thank you for the wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete